[NTLK] [OT] Sandy threatens financial/economic Armageddon

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 22:47:01 EDT 2012

Hello,

--- On Mon, 10/29/12, Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog at gmail.com> wrote:

> One more thing: since this thread started, I observe that pretty much
> everyone in or around the NYC area and elsewhere are now agreed that
> Sandy is going to do Very Bad Things to the City and anywhere else it >approaches. So, although expectations of the financial collapse of >civilization may be a bit over the top, the severity expected from the >storm is real enough.  Yet another reason to wish for us to be charitable >in our disagreements, eh?

Right.  This storm is the latest example of how Mother Nature is always ready to hand out the beatdowns and do Very Bad Things to the human race.
With the threat of illness, injury, or death always hovering in the background, there's very little need for us to do Very Bad Things to each other if we can help it.

(Though that's easier said than done, I know, what with Mother Nature having equipped the human race with egos and all.)

Best,

James Fraser