[NTLK] Newt2.X - Calender and Contact Syncs

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Mon Sep 10 18:08:48 EDT 2012

I have often thought about this package as well.  I wish he used the
name or something else that does not lock it down to a particular
machine.  What I would really like it for is backups, but if one MP2x00
dies and I get another the software won't work with it.  Given how old
our hardware is and most of us have spares, it is not wise to lock down
software in this manner.

I am not saying the developer (or product) is bad, but for me this is a
issue.  I am sure the developer would give you a new license if your
current newt died.  But what happens if you can't get a hold of him?
There are many cases of developers disappearing from the newton and
leave us up a creek.  Again nothing against the developer, it is just a
"sticking point" for me.  I have no problem buying software that I know
I can use when I need to use it (especially since it now benefits UNNA)

-Dan

P.S.  I do have a couple of old windows programs that will sync, I think
Claris is one of them.  Not sure offhand, but I know I have at least
two.  I thought they were on UNNA, if not let me know and I will dig
them up and upload.  The only downside to them (if I remember right) you
couldn't exports the data from it very easily.  Although I think one of
them did have CSV as a option, just wasn't the easiest to use.  Also I
seem to recall doing a post a while back comparing the various programs
and what I found.  Perhaps it was just my notes, but might be worth
doing a search. ;)  I don't have time at the moment or I would check now.