[NTLK] Messagepad Lid Plastics/Repair Question

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 23:04:24 EDT 2012

Hello,

Does anyone happen to know if the screen lid/door plastics for the MessagePad 2x00 are either polyethylene- or polypropylene-based?  Perhaps more to the point: has anyone ever used Gorilla Glue (GG) to successfully effect a field repair of MessagePad screen lid plastics?

I realize that GG is (probably) a far-from-ideal bonding agent, but field repairs seldom take place with ideal materials at hand (as in this case).  At the very least, I'm hoping to avoid using something that would cause me to swear even more fervently than I did when the original damage occurred. :/

Best,

James Fraser