[NTLK] 7448 G4?

Raúl Montón Pinillos raul_m_p at me.com
Mon Apr 29 09:19:01 EDT 2013

I'm upgrading a G4 Cube. The reason I'll also buy a tower CPU is because is possible to add the VRM bypass to a tower CPU by desoldering a few resistors on the PCB and adding the necessary wiring. So, even if the processor card isn't officially compatible with the G4 Cube, all 7448 upgrades for Sawtooth, Gigabit Ethernet, Digital Audio or Quicksilver PowerMac G4 should work after the hardware tweaking.

As far as I know, the only 7448 upgrades ever made were from PowerLogix (PowerForce '48) and NewerTech (MaxPower 7448), and were sold along the cheaper (and much more common) 7447A models.