[NTLK] was: Firstly, hello! now: battery packs

Tony Douglas tonyisyourpal at aim.com
Wed Feb 27 16:02:04 EST 2013

Hi there,

Careful with the low discharge rechargeables - they are not all made alike. Several manufacturers now offer them (they usually come described as "precharged" or "stay charged"). In my experience at least, Eneloops are definitely the best of the lot, followed by *some* Duracells (look for the Duracells which are made in Japan and have white between the outer wrapper and the +ve end - ISTR someone saying they were effectively rebadged Eneloops). Some other makes claim 2000mAh and stay charged for ages - but go flat in actual use in next to no time. In the UK, Maplins own brand hybrids have been generally ok for me, but the !Go Green sets I've had have been atrocious for usable life. None of them particularly like running a wireless card for any length of time.

YMMV, obviously.

- Tony