[NTLK] MP2000 Battery Tray Issues

Sonny Hung sonnyhung at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 09:51:33 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Max Smith <maxmaxmaxmaxsmith at gmail.com>wrote:

> As I put it back in, I felt resistance, so I pulled the tray out and tried
> again. Still no luck, so I went and got my hopelessly dead Ni-MH pack,
> which wouldn’t fit either. I looked inside under a light, and nothing seems
> to look out of place.

Max, how far did you insert the Battery Tray or Rechargeable Pack in before
it stopped?
This is kind of important because it would give you insight to what might
be the problem.

I know that Woody has already suggested the tracks, nicks, dirt and the
clips in the assembly of it's internal frame on the lower bout that
comprise the battery silo. If you are inserting but not down to the last
1/2" to 1/4" then those items mentioned by Woody could possibly be the
culprit.

My experience dissecting and repair these units have made me aware that the
negative contact/tension spring at the inside end of the battery silo might
have come loose. This is a two part assembly. The negative contact is
pushed into position by a spring behind it. The contact has a small square
shaped lip which holds to the internal frame which can be seen below the
extension of the spring that pushes the negative contact out. This would
create resistance when trying to insert your Battery Tray.

Look at Frank's photos (see link below)

http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassembly26large.jpg

If this is the case you need to disassemble the Newton to put everything
back into it's proper position. Follow Frank's disassembly guide and
instructions carefully. Hope this helps.

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family