[NTLK] MP2000 Battery Tray Issues

Max Smith maxmaxmaxmaxsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 15:09:32 EDT 2013

On Jun 26, 2013, at 9:51 AM, Sonny Hung <sonnyhung at gmail.com> wrote:

> My experience dissecting and repair these units have made me aware that the
> negative contact/tension spring at the inside end of the battery silo might
> have come loose. This is a two part assembly. The negative contact is
> pushed into position by a spring behind it. The contact has a small square
> shaped lip which holds to the internal frame which can be seen below the
> extension of the spring that pushes the negative contact out. This would
> create resistance when trying to insert your Battery Tray.

This is the issue.

I opened up the MessagePad, and this assembly is pretty screwed up. The pole that the spring rests on has broken off. So, for the time being, the Newt is running on AC power. Sometime today or tomorrow, I will epoxy the pole back on, replace the spring, and ojalá, everything will be returned to working order.

Thanks so much for the help Woody and Sonny, I will update the list when I have taken action to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Max Smith