[NTLK] 3D Printing a Battery Tray

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Tue Mar 19 04:46:37 EDT 2013

On 19.03.2013, at 04:07, Leigh Honeywell <leigh at hypatia.ca> wrote:

> I have an STL file somewhere of a Newton tray - I got a friend to CT
> scan it minus the metal parts. Those shouldn't be that hard to jury
> rig out of some paperclip bits :)
>
> I'll see if I can dig up the file, and anyone who wants to can take it
> to their local hackerspace or send it to shapeways.com.

Wow, a CT of a battery tray. Pretty exceptional.

The data cloud brobably needs a lot of cleanin, but then it could be sent to shapeways and printed in SLS/Nylon for example. It would be milky white though. FDM (the 3d printing method that is currently so insanely popular) does not permit the required thin walls though.