[NTLK] I'v lost my soup index

Bob Dudney kosmicdollop at saber.net
Tue Sep 24 21:39:38 EDT 2013

Hi, Christian,

SBM Utilities might be able to rebuild the index for you. Worth a try. First just run Doctor. I believe at least a couple other utilities also have these capabilities.

<http://www.4shared.com/dir/17792228/c0e8a1d/SBM_Utilities.html>

SBM Options allows activating freezing. As well as other freewares.

To clone settings, including folders, copy "system" soup from internal store onto internal store of the clone. I'm not sure if you can just beam it across; that would be simplest.

You can also use built-in backup function with a flash card, then restore to the other Newton.

Restore will, of course, erase then replace all system soup info on internal memory. That includes all sorts stuff, including registrations. Maybe all Owner info as well, including locations.

SBM Utilities can also copy onto flash card, or at least backup.

Good luck!

BCD