[NTLK] "Newton's rings" on 2100s

Mr Jonathan Dueck jonathandueck at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 14:43:41 EDT 2014

Hi, folks!

So, on my two new-old Newton 2000/2100s, I've got the "Newton's rings" as described here in Ryan Vetter's post of some years back:

http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&m=122128003216209&w=2

Pushing with finger or pen causes these shimmery oil-spot-like marks, which are not visible at every angle. They are visible when the screen is off, too, depending on the viewing angle. But otherwise the screens are lovely and pristine.

I wonder if it's just the age of the screen hardware itself--if there is this additional layer under the top mylar layer for Newt 2x00, which eventually just begins to separate from other layers of the screen hardware, causing Newton's rings.

Anyone else encounter this with their Newton 2x00s?

-Jon