[NTLK] Einstein on Android

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Tue May 6 18:45:54 EDT 2014

> Audio doesn't seem to work correctly, but my "testing" is rather limited.

To the best of my knowledge audio doesn't work at all in the latest Einstein
release.

Matthias and yours truly have spent some time on this issue, so the next
Einstein release will include rudimentary audio support. For reasons not
worth going into here, though, audio support isn't going to be perfect in
the foreseeable future.

The next release but one will be based on a much newer Android OS. This will
allow to handle some issues better, faster and less complicated because
things Einstein currently handles more or less "manually" have by now been
migrated into the Android OS.

I don't think that perfect audio support will be very high on the To Do
list, though. I think faster and smoother screen updates and the clipboard
functionality will be much more helpful than that, and it'll be more than
enough work for two lowly programmers who, unfortunately, have to spend most
of their time making a living :-)

Frank