[NTLK] [Admin] Yahoo has broken our mailing list (and every other list too)

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Thu May 8 09:35:59 EDT 2014

~~~ On 2014/05/08 02:08, Grant Hutchinson at grant at splorp.com wrote ~~~

> Due to recent changes by Yahoo and their DMARC email compliancy policy,
> NewtonTalk users with yahoo.com (and some other) emails address can no longer
> receive messages from people with yahoo.com addresses originating from
> non-Yahoo servers (like our mailing list).
>
> This sucks.
>
> The policy was designed "... to proactively protect our users from increasing
> email spam that uses Yahoo users' email addresses from other mail servers."
>
> Unfortunately, this means that nearly even mailing list on the planet is now
> broken for users with Yahoo (or Yahoo-affiliated) email addresses.
>
> This includes addresses with the following domains:
>
> yahoo.com
> rogers.com
> aol.com
> cs.com
>
> Until I figure out a workaround, the only thing i can suggest is that users
> with Yahoo addresses get themselves a free email account elsewhere and
> resubscribe to the list.

Thanks for this Grant, and thanks for being on top of things (as usual).  I
hope you don't mind that I've passed this on to another Yahoo-list I'm on.

I don't know how much more of Yahoo's proactive "protection" one world can
stand.  I have had a history of Yahoo getting things wrong for years now,
and then seemingly not knowing or caring how to fix it.  I just don't rely
on them anymore.  As I've mentioned elsewhere, I think Yahoo could break
sunshine.

Shalom,

Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke