[NTLK] BBS Program for Newton?

Greg / Clu drclu at swbell.net
Fri May 9 00:41:42 EDT 2014

Someone on Atariage asked about running a BBS program on a Raspberry Pi which got me thinking....

I have always thought it would be interesting to run a BBS on a Newton.  The Newton is small, requires little power, and is a good little self contained device.

So what I wanted to ask is, first off, has anyone tried to port a BBS program to the Newton?

I know we have the web browser Newton Server available.  Is there is a text server that people can telnet into a Newton?

And if not that, what programming languages are currently available on the Newton?

Just tapping into all you know to get up to speed on what I have to work with.

Doc Clu