[NTLK] [OT] -- Re: Re-celling G3-era laptop batteries -- DON'T THROW OUT THE OLD BATTERIES!

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 09:33:48 EDT 2015

~~~ On 2015/07/15 14:01, Greg Goodwin at drclu at swbell.net wrote ~~~

> Good luck with the G3.  Had a Lombard once.  Great machine.

I thought so too Greg, when I saw a friend's Lombard.   Then I got my first
Pismo back in 2000 (a gift, would you believe), and realized that someone
had finally designed the laptop of my dreams.  That's why I still have 3 of
them, all running essential off-line services in my office.   As good as
Lombard (and Wallstreet) were, Pismo truly amazed me with what it could do.
It's still my 2nd-favourite computer of any design ever made by anyone that
I've used in the last 35 years  (the Newton MP2000U/MP2100 is the first).

If I had the money, time and skill to do it, I'd take one my Pismos and use
the shell to house a completely modern laptop -- a kind of "Studillac" of
the laptop world, all Pismo and sleek beauty on the outside, plus the modern
connectivity, compatibility and extra power of something like a modern
MacBook Pro.

Having said that, if I found myself being given a Lombard, I wouldn't turn
my nose up at it.  It was part of the greatest family of laptops designed by
Apple -- or anyone.   :-)

Shalom.

Christian

Pismo: so beautiful, you know you want one!
http://www.ahinfo-systeme.ch/quickime/PowerBook_g3.htm
http://www.lowendmac.com/webb/04/0329.html