[NTLK] Off-topic: Looking for a native Italian speaker

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Sun Oct 25 15:57:41 EDT 2015

Hi folks,

this is as off-topic as it is humanly possible. If you are only interested
in Newton issues, please skip this post. If you are interested in preventing
one of the last Newton repairpersons from despairing, please read on.

For the better part of two hours I have been searching youtube for a video
with a singer that isn't... well... mumbling? Amazingly, so far in vain.
Even the famous ones sing in a way that prevents my figuring out the
pronounciation. Which isn't all that surprising because I know almost no
Italian. Or maybe it's my ears. But even when I set the volume to a level
that is close to producing ear pain, I can't "decipher" the pronounciation.
So maybe it's not my ears after all...

I am talking about the following song:

http://www.e-chords.com/chords/luciano-pavaroti/libiamo-nelieti-calici

If you a) speak Italian fluently, b) have a little time to spend and c) have
a microphone nearby: Could you perhaps read this text, veeeery slowly and
veeeery distinctly, make a recording of it and send it my way? You'll get
50% off on your next Newton repair :-)

Cheers, and thanks

Frank