[NTLK] Morgan Aldridge

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Mon Aug 21 07:18:11 EDT 2017

I have been working on mirroring the catamount.com site to UNNA.org, though
Imstill have a fair amount of cleanup to do & missing data to reintegrate.

As for copyright status, licensing, etc...

When I received permission to mirror the site from the current owner, Nick,
he also looked for the source source code. The previous owner (Hardy's
cousin Eric) had experienced a theft of his laptop which contained much of
that sort of data and while Hardy may have had backups, the status of that
data is currently unknown.

The last time I had an exchange with Hardy well before his passing was
regarding my purchasing a license to MPG (which I still use to this day).
At the time, he noted that his registration code generator actually ran on
his Newton, so I'm not sure how easily it'd be to get those packages, if
they still exist.

Sadly, since Kagi closed down, you can't actually purchase license codes
anymore. Not that Nick would be able to generate them without Hardy'd
Newtons anyway. :(

So, it's not great news, but Nick seems very open to working with us if
data can ever be found. He was surprised how many of us are still out here.

Morgan

--
Morgan
---