[NTLK] Navigating the web with the newton

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Sat Dec 16 17:59:31 EST 2017

On 2017-12-14, at 6:03 PM, B Dudney wrote:

> I’m no expert, but I think our dear Newts have exceedingly too little RAM
> to handle current web pages, not least full of endless scripts! Not to mention
> all sorts of conventions adopted since its browsers were written.

Any properly coded web page *should* be viewable with JavaScript, plugins, CSS, or other enhancements turned off or blocked. Of course, this isn't always the case, but Newton web browsers are actually pretty good at ignoring all the cruft that they can't understand. If the content of a site can't be viewed without JavaScript, that speaks to the laziness of the the company and its developers.

As I mentioned previously, the real issue is not being able to access HTTPS pages at all.

g.