[NTLK] Cash for books ;-)

Victor Rehorst victor at chuma.org
Mon Feb 13 10:15:57 EST 2017

Matthias, perhaps you've already thought of this, but have you perused
the SA-1100 Technical Reference Manual?

If my memory serves me (though often, it does not), the SA-1100 was
essentially an integration of the SA-110 core and the vast majority of
the Voyager chipset's functionality on a single chip die.

The PS-7010 chip incorporated the LCD, DMA, MMU for ROM/DRAM/Flash, RTC,
timer, interrupt controller, and the four serial channels.  And the 7030
was the PCMCIA controller of course.

All of this functionality is on the SA-1100, though the documentation
splits it into three modules: "Peripheral Control" for DMA, LCD, USB and
serial; "System Control" for RTC, timer, interrupts, GPIO, etc; and
"Memory/PCMCIA Control" for ROM/DRAM/Flash and PCMCIA.

I am not a hardware guy by any stretch, but I read lots of specs of
things, and I know that reuse is king in the computing world.

Perhaps there are some clues in there that might help you out.

There is a copy of the manual available here:
http://datasheets.chipdb.org/Intel/STRONG/TECHDOCS/27808802.PDF

HTH,

-Victor