[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 38, Issue 42

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Fri Feb 24 16:32:16 EST 2017

The Raspberry Pi features a DSI port. It can be programmed in a range of frequencies and data formats. You can start here:

http://elinux.org/RPi_Screens#DSI_port

or just start be searching the Interwebs for "Raspberry Pi DSI"

The interface on the Newton display interface is proprietary but well documented. If you can give me the display number, I will probably be able to find the PDF again. The interface timing is not too critical, so it may be possible to reprogram the RasPi. Worst case, you need a simple programmable logic chip, but probably nothing too difficult.

There was another display made that has the exact same measurements, but supports color. I beleive that the contrast is a lot better, and RasPi can create the colors. You can still run the emulator in green and black of course.