[NTLK] My first attempt at screencasting

Jake Bordens jake at allaboutjake.com
Mon Jan 30 06:44:02 EST 2017

I am.  I’ll go the basilisk II route I guess.  Has wider applications than SheepShaver… but honestly it doesn’t matter as the process is largely the same once you have a running VM.

I am using the NewtonDev disk image, but there are few other utilities that are useful to install afterwards.

I think the clipboard issue is that basilisk is still compiled 32-bit and the macOS pasteboard doesn’t interoperate properly unless its 64-bit.

On 1/30/17, 6:41 AM, "newtontalk-bounces at newtontalk.net on behalf of Morgan Aldridge" <newtontalk-bounces at newtontalk.net on behalf of morgant at makkintosshu.com> wrote:

    On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 2:19 AM, Forrest Buffenmyer
    <newton_phoenix at mindspring.com> wrote:

    > On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 12:08 pm Matej Horvat wrote:
    >
    >> Why not use the freely available System 7.5.5?
    >
    > Yes... and, since at least a few of us own and use older Macs that run the "real" System 6's and 7's (read: 7.5.3) _without_ emulation, how about a Tutorial on setting up the DevKit on one of those?
    >
    > I can't imagine it's all that hard. I have a Newton DevKit that I was going to install on an SE/3O (running 7.5.3) at some point. A video guide to consult within this process would help reduce or remove any possible errors.

    It should be identical, assuming that Jake will be using the NewtonDev
    image from UNNA.org.

    --
    Morgan
    ---