[NTLK] [OT] Mimi Cippolone has passed away

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Wed Jun 7 12:41:11 EDT 2017

Some members of the NewtonTalk list will know who Mimi Cippolone is, but the majority of you won't. Mimi was a very active member of SONUG (the Southern Ontario Newton User Group) based in Toronto and had a creative knack for resurrecting and refurbishing old eMates.

<http://nug.newtontalk.net/sonug/pics/20020808/114-1401.jpg>

Sadly, Mimi passed away on June 1st after a long illness.

<http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/Deaths.20170605.93389352/BDAStory/BDA/deaths>

The following is a post from the SONUG mailing list.

> From:    Michael Blazer
> Date:    June 5, 2017 9:18:39 AM MDT
> To:      sonug at newtontalk.net
> Subject: [Sonug] Sad news - Mimi Cippolone passed away on June 1
>
> Hello out there,
>
> I came across this very sad news in the obituary section this morning.
>
> I remember Mimi as a very gentle and generous person. Many of you were probably at the SONUG meeting(s) held at her house.  I know her interest in saving and refurbishing eMates was driven by her work with "special needs" kids in the Toronto school system.
>
> I hadn't seen her in many years. I wonder if anyone who knew her better or had more recent contact would like to send a message to the Newtontalk list?
>
> You might mention that her photo can be seen in the book "Cult of Mac" -- I don't have the page reference handy because I'm at work at the moment.
>
> Best wishes,
> Michael

g.

Grant Hutchinson