[NTLK] Spammer says what? - was: yahoo! really nice stuff

Dennis Swaney romad at mac.com
Tue Oct 3 11:01:43 EDT 2017

Hi, Forrest

The usual way is your email address is stored on someone's Windows computer
in their Contacts application. A hacker uses malware to enter said computer
and harvests ALL contact info which is then sold to spammers. A spammer
then replaces their email address with yours so it LOOKS like it is coming
from you. When I receive SPAM from a legitimate address, I look at the the
details of the headers and sure enough there will be a weird email address
attached to the "legitimate" one.

Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"I think, therefore I Mac"