[NTLK] Dezombiefyig DyneE5

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Sun Apr 15 13:30:40 EDT 2018

Just for fun (and because I was trying to clean my archives) I dowloaded DyneE5, my attempt to rewrite NTK from scratch ten years ago.

Well, a lot changed since 2008, and nothing works anymore. Not that I got very far to begin with, but I remember that I was able to write, launch, and debug very simple NewtonOS apps.

The good news is that I managed to get DyneE5 to compile. The bad news is, that everything today wants to be (or must be) in 64bit. This is bad, because NewtonScript is limited to 32bit. And even though I got NEWT/0 to run in 64bit mode a while ago, I do not like the way I did it back then a bit anymore.

DyneTK, just like NTK in its days, uses NewtonScript to store pointer into RAM. Since 64bit pointers can't be stored in 32bit NewtonScript, I have to come up with something smarter.

I *did* get the Inspector to connect to Einstein. Remember that I added serial port emulation a while ago? I did implement the other side, and at least the connection is established and some data is actually exchanged.

Anyway, nothing much, but I thought I let you know.

 - Matthias