[NTLK] NOOB Questions

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 22 05:21:00 EST 2018

Overclock questions. When NewtonPhoenix.org was up and running, I detailed fully (with help from Stephanie’s page) how to overclock a Newton using a readily available crystal, some 22 gauge wire, and soldering experience.

Morgan Aldridge of UNNA (the United Network of Newton Archives, soon to be your New Best Friend) has kindly mirrored my old site, available here: http://mirrors.unna.org/www.newtonphoenix.org/

I must warn you ahead of time that the overclock project is mostly a dog-and-pony show—by that I mean there is little actual value to going ahead with it. As Frank says, communication of any sort will most likely not function properly...it’s more of a “wow look at what I can make my Newton (or eMate) do”.

My overclocked Newton sits in a drawer. I do get it out from time to time to ascertain that it still works...but it serves little practical function.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus