[NTLK] Need help with finding chips for eMate memory upgrade boards

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Thu May 3 05:42:03 EDT 2018

> On May 2, 2018, at 01:07, NewtonTalk <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
>

> <http://www.pda-soft.de/common/img/hardware/eMate/em300/EM300Board.jpg>

IIRC, the pinout is different to the MP2000 ROM board.

I have a handful of the Flash chips. There are a bunch of sellers that trade outdated chips, either from overstocking or desoldered from old boards. This is how I got them. The trader was HiBid: http://www.hobid.com/

> c) A chip that has more memory, but basically the same electrical
> specification and the same timing specification.

As for the Flash, there is a 28F032 variant with the same footprint that contained two 28F016 chips stacked with the CS pin of the top chip connected to an original n.c. pin. There are also 28F064 and even 28F128 chips out there, but the use the next bigger TSOP 56 package instead of TSOP 48 (or a BGA).

 - Matthias