[NTLK] Need help with finding chips for eMate memory upgrade boards

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Wed May 2 16:48:26 EDT 2018

> On 2 May 2018, at 00:07, NewtonTalk <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I finally found the time to open David's parcel that has been sitting next
> to my workbench since January 10. More on this later.
>
> Here's a scan of the EM300 board:
>
> <http://www.pda-soft.de/common/img/hardware/eMate/em300/EM300Board.jpg>
>

> 28F016SV  is a 16-MBIT (1 MBIT x 16, 2 MBIT x 8) flash memory chip.
> 51W16165LTT6 is probably a RAM chip.
>
> It would be cool if someone could locate
>
> a) the datasheets of these two chips
>
> b) a source that still sells them (very unlikely you'll find one, I'm
> afraid)
>
> c) A chip that has more memory, but basically the same electrical
> specification and the same timing specification. Such a component is likely
> to have at least two more address line pins, which would not be a problem.
> Would be cool, however, if the pins they have in common are at the same
> place so that we wouldn't have to re-layout everything.

Hi Frank,

the 51W16165LTT6 is exactly the same RAM module which is used in 2100 as extra 4MB, compare to 2000.

I found only one place with potential offer, but seller never contacted me…

http://oedcl.en.seekic.com/product/integrated_circuits_ics/51W16165LTT6_51W16165LTT6.html <http://oedcl.en.seekic.com/product/integrated_circuits_ics/51W16165LTT6_51W16165LTT6.html>

maybe you will have more luck. If you will be able to contact with him, please order 10 pcs extra for me. I need them to upgrade my 2000s to 2100s :)

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)