[NTLK] Connecting to Win 10

Tere tjggriffin1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 17:24:51 EST 2019

I have a Mac, 13 in Macbook, early 2009, OS X 10.11. I installed NCX 2.3.
I've been unable the get any cable to connect. They time out after I tap
Connect in Dock on the Newton. The LED on the FTDI and Keyspan cable blink
at a steady pace. I think that means it's in standby. When they Keyspan is
connected to the SP6, it flicker when talking to the Newton. I'm if it's
hardware or dirvers. The USB ports work fine otherwise.

One thing I noticed when setting up a network entry for the serial port on
the Mac side, is there is no common data rate for the Newton, NCX and OS X
network settings. The OS X options are 9600, 19.2k, 57.6k and 115.2k bps.
There is no 38.4k. The Newton has 38.4k, 9600, 4800, and 2400, and NCX has
38.4k, 57.6k, 115.2k and 230.4k. It would be nice if NCX had the same data
rates as the Newton. Then at least I could use 9600.

--

- Tere