[NTLK] Newton Appearance on "Schooled"

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sun Nov 24 16:36:54 EST 2019

On 11/24/2019 12:20 PM, Grant Hutchinson wrote:
>> On Nov 21, 2019, at 10:06 AM, Clu <drclu at swbell.net> wrote:
>>
>> Saw a Newton (110/120/130) on the ABC Goldberg spinoff “Schooled” last night.
>>
>> One of the fellow teachers to the main female teacher (Lainey) was sitting across a cafeteria table talking to Lainey and at some point says “Wait, let me record that date” taps on a Newton “Oh, almost out of power already”.
>>
>> Was a cute moment and fun seeing a Newton a show set in the 90s.
>
> Always great to see a Newton portrayed in the correct context, even it ends up being the butt of a joke.
>
> Here are a few screenshots of the scene:
>
> https://twitter.com/yesterbits/status/1198515508682919937
I agree, however the original tweeter needs to read what he tweets.  The images clearly show a MP130 not 100 lol.  Does anyone know when the show is supposed to be set?  90's I know but early or mid/late?  The 130 came out later, only a year or so before the 2000 if I remember correctly.

Personal history: I had bought a almost unused 120 with the original box and all because someone had bought a 130.  Then a few months to a year later I got a 130 because the 2000's had come out.  Although this time it WAS brand new except for the package being open.  In this case it was a doctor where he had just bought it in the store, opened it, and heard about the 2000.  He got one a few days after.  I also did all of this online and long before ebay, it was on the usenet newsfeeds.

Oh how times have changed.

-Dan