[NTLK] Worldwide Online Newton Conference 2020

Pawel Piotrowski newton at indigi.co.uk
Sun Apr 12 16:25:51 EDT 2020

> On 12 Apr 2020, at 21:06, Noah Leon <moosefuel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think this is a very good idea, Pawel.
>
> Wouldn't it be great for example, to have Matthias walk us through some of
> the work he is doing, and explain it and be able to ask questions. I could
> share some cut footage from my film and talk about some of the people who
> helped create the Newton, maybe we could get Walter Smith or someone like
> that to talk, too. We could have one session which is for collectors
> describing their rare prototypes and devices. A programming workshop…

So:

1. Matthias and his magic xD
2. LNTN behind the scene
3. Some interviews
4. Programming workshop
5. Treasures of the Newton world - prototypes and rare units demos
6. Modern Newton Projects - NPDS Tracker server on RPi (me), internal WiFi module for Newton (Jake?), Newton Mobile Router on RPi (newtonhonk?) etc.

Any other ideas?

> Just ideas. It all depends if there are people willing to lead workshops,
> and people who want to watch them!

I don’t expect thousands of people, but the idea is to meet online and have a fun with our Newton friends :)

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)