[NTLK] AA batteries

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Fri Jun 19 13:41:03 EDT 2020

They are fine for the long term, no damage will occur.  If you get "Nick's soft charge" and install it (should be on UNNA if not let me know and I can pass it), you can set the battery meter to show NiMH batteries (or lithium or Nicad).  Otherwise it will show the calibration for alkalines which won't be correct of course (but still work otherwise).

You can use the power adapter at the same time without issue.  Using the battery cage/tray the Newton knows not to try to charge them and just draw power to power it.  Disconnect it, and it will instantly switch back to the batteries in the tray.

I haven't had working Newton battery pack for years, I just use the tray with Nimah batteries.  I get at least a month of use on a charge with the Nimh I am using (energizer, the precharged type which have very slow self discharge rate almost on par with a normal alkalines), sometimes two months.

-Dan