[NTLK] HyperCard PoorMan's NEWTON Prototype Recreated

Pawel Piotrowski newton at indigi.co.uk
Sat May 16 15:38:10 EDT 2020

> On 15 May 2020, at 17:29, Mark Kuberski <berskyboy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Fellow Newtonians,
>
> I have created the original PoorMan's NEWTON Prototype as seen in the great Newton Movie “Love Notes to Newton”
>
> I had fun creating this on my MacSE and then (less fun trying to share it to all my Macs, classic and none).  It works on BasilliskII Emulator.  I had to download HyperCard 2.4 (I created it on HyperCard 1.25 in the MacSE).  So I have two files to run this great prototype.  It works best on the original Mac SE, Classic, etc… because it fills the screen, but it works great in Emulators too.
>
> Newton HyperCard 2.4
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/eit26oew6zcj24m/Newon%20HyperCard%202.4.sit?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/eit26oew6zcj24m/Newon%20HyperCard%202.4.sit?dl=0>
>
> Newton HyperCard 1.25
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/469pczgai6tnxso/Newton%20HyperCard%201.25.sit?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/469pczgai6tnxso/Newton%20HyperCard%201.25.sit?dl=0>
>
> I also made a YouTube video (haha fun times...)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8esx7cc79C8 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8esx7cc79C8>

Nice work, Mark :) I like it :)

> Enjoy and…. I would LOVE you guys to chime in what you use your vintage tech for, like what “USE Cases” or “KILLER APPS” you put on each of your vintage tech.  Sharing is caring :)

I’m using my Newton 2100 for making notes and to-do’s. Another four 2100’s working as NPDS machines every day, 24/7. In August that will be 5 years non stop.

My Xserve is working as file server for my Newton software collection (UNNA mirror + CD ISO’s collection).

I’m still using my Timex DataLink 150 watch.

Cheers,
Pawel