[NTLK] FoFa - 5th followup

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Sun May 24 05:45:25 EDT 2020

> Other hints: Several prototypes, costing $$$, failure, then success,
potentially salable

Yep...

> Simply stylus for Newton in different colors

Nope...

> the "Newton USB Dongle" is now available in many colors!

It will be, once it's finished. However, there are some issues left to be
resolved. For example, the Interconnect port in the Newton 2x00 family is
kind of fragile, so you don't want to slide a dongle in while it's tilted. I
would like to design the case in a way that it can simply be slid on the
tabletop right into the Newton's port, provided the Newton sits on the same
tabletop. I'm afraid I'll need a little practice until I can create a 3D
model that is actually correct, and since having lots of wrong case
prototypes manufactured elsewhere is too expensive, I'll need a 3D printer
of my own before this project can leave the prototype state.

> The first pic has to be light passing through a prism.

Nope...

> The second pic is still unfamiliar to me, but it appears to be gold.

Nope...

> The third pic appears to be a rainbow stack of construction paper

Yep...

> likely used for the lovely peacock art piece shown in the fourth clue

Yep...

> Frank has developed some type of spectrophotometer for the Newton platform

Nope...

Here's a little hint. The article you're looking for consists of four parts.
The new image shows one of them in full.

    <https://www.pda-soft.de/scratch/WhatIsThis/WhatIsThis06.png>

And here are the images you already know, just for convenience's sake.

   <https://www.pda-soft.de/scratch/WhatIsThis/WhatIsThis05.png>
   <https://www.pda-soft.de/scratch/WhatIsThis/WhatIsThis04.png>
   <https://www.pda-soft.de/scratch/WhatIsThis/WhatIsThis03.png>
   <https://www.pda-soft.de/scratch/WhatIsThis/WhatIsThis02.png>