[NTLK] Newton Mail | SMTP NewtonCity: Error 500

nicmalone at mac.com nicmalone at mac.com
Mon May 25 06:08:52 EDT 2020

Could be worth a try, Ronnie. I wonder if it can be made to work on a Mac via CrossOver or WINE.

I don’t know if this helps or adds to the mystery but I can confirm that I can receive (IMAP or POP) and can send (custom port = 25; SSL=off; smtpAuth on) using NewtonCity on my PowerBook Mac. I can also send (same settings; SSL off) but not receive via POP using the nPOPUK app on my Jornada 720 (it’s OS is HandheldPC 2000). The PowerBook is using my normal home WiFi (WPA2) and the Jornada is using a bridged WEP network.

Nic