[NTLK] NCX for PowerPC Macs

nicmalone at mac.com nicmalone at mac.com
Sun May 31 09:08:42 EDT 2020

A while ago (years possibly) someone asked if there was a version of NCX that runs on PowerPC Macs. The response in the List was a no but there is such a version. Newton Poetry has a link on his blog - see the link to “older version” for OSX 10.5 at the bottom of this post:
http://myapplenewton.blogspot.com/2013/06/newton-connection-ncx-version-2-released.html?m=1

This seems to be a universal binary version of the 1.4 release of NCX, and is not available on the NCX website itself (which only provides downloads back to the  OSX 10.6 version). It means I can finally got Notes off my MP2000 and onto another computer (G4 PowerBook) after failing to manage this via other routes (including email, PICO Bluetooth via Blunt, NCX on an Intel Mac via a uGreen serial adapter on Intel Mac, NCU on a Win98 machine via a 3rd party DIN8-DB9 cable).  I’m using the Newt to write journal entries which I then email to the fabulous ‘Day One’ journal app. It would be ideal to do this direct from the Newt (damn you SSL!) but I can now do it via the PowerBook.

Cheers
Nic