Re: NTLK ANN: NewtWorks Fix

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 16:06:17 EST

>Why not distribute a desktop application which "patches" the user's existing
>copy of NewtWorks into the combined multi-part package which they can then
>install on their device?
>

>> I admit that the best would have been to encapsulate both packages
>> together. I wonder what are the legal problems for that, but I haven't done
>> it for public release since I am absolutely not sure of the right to do so.

The only program I know to do such patches is ResCompare and considering
the way it works, the patch would include the whole Works package as well.

Maybe distributing the sources for a combined package is the best solution.
I don't think it is worth doing a program (on Mac & Win32) to do the
manipulation.... but if someone wants to do it, please.

Regards,

Paul

----
P&M Consulting Newton Program http://www.pnm-consulting.com/newton/
PGP Public key can be found on most servers.

****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major U.S. politician has said something nasty about us at some time. Find out why at: http://www.evote.com