Re: NTLK RE: newtontalk V1 #183

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 02:09:26 EST

On 12/15/99 5:17 AM, NewtonOz [mailto:newtonoz@ix.netcom.com] wrote:

>>You should be able to use either method with Newtons that support TCP/IP,
>>I think, although it may require a 2000/2100/eMate since I can't recall
>>if Newton Internet Enabler supported anything but dialup IP on models
>>before those three.
>
>Hmm...
>
>I think there's a problem with the way Newtons handle TCP/IP, which
>prevents them from correctly accessing the internet through most hardware
>and software routers.
>
>Can anyone follow this up?
>
>-Oz

Eh?

Works fine through my hardware Cisco ADSL Router and Ethernet thru my
USWest Megabit ADSL conenction to the Internet. I'm pretty sure I've
heard of other people here going through Vicom's software routers that
let you share one Internet connection/IP address with multiple machines
thru DHCP or NAT but havne't tried that myself (I have two IP addresess,
one for my Info-Newt server machine and one for my normal use. $8/mo
extra for the second IP address)

 - Bill

 \\ /, Keep On Newtin'! Visit the Info-Newt news Web Site and FTP
`( Info-Newt software archive for Newton PDAs: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ and ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = FAQ for the Newton Community: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/
              SUPPORT NEWTON! -- INK DIFFERENT