Re: NTLK WHERE do I find " backup" software for Newton 130 versusiMac?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 12:55:06 EST

Erik Burke wrote:

> WHERE do I find back-up software that not only creates & installs
> back-up or packages but also enables me to open and work with my
> Newton on the iMac? I have a Message Pad 130, an iMac OS N1-9.0 128 MB
> and a Keyspan Twin Serial Adapter. I used to work with a Newton 110
> plus Powerbook 145B and then I could really use the Newton within my
> powerbook. Now (thanks to Newton Backup Utility) I'm only able to
> backup or restore, but without the Newton itself I can't read anything
> I've backed up. Gratefull for any assistance, Erik Burke.

There are some people on this list using the Macintosh version of the
free Palm Desktop software (or something like that). Palm Desktop is the
old Claris Organizer that was available some time ago. In NCU, they're
using the Claris Organizer type of synchronization file and they're able
to sync some information from their Newton to their desktop. I'm sure
that someone using that setup would be able to give far more detailed
information than me...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com