Re: NTLK What software for an MP130?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 02:01:06 EST

On 12/28/99 8:01 AM, Adam Dunn [mailto:adamdunn@webtime.com.au] wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Just upgraded from an MP100 to MP130 that was still unopened in the box.
>My question is about the software to run it for work. I'm a manager/carer
>for people with profound disabilities. Basically I'm after a simple word
>processor, database for notes and files for the individuals I assist

You might be able to use AvailWorks from (I think) Pelicanware for a word
processor. Otherwise the only wordprocessor available is with
NewtonWorks, which is only for 2x00's and eMates.

There are several databases available for Newton (FilePad, Leverage, and
others; look at This Old Newt's links page for some databases.)

>(simplicity and easy access a must), and a referencing program for uni.

Dunno what you mean by a "referencine program for uni". Please give more
detail.

>Actually I might add a stress managment program, just looking back at my
>year that was.

By that do you mean a "game"? ;-) Or some software specific to your job
function?

 - Bill

 \\ /, Keep On Newtin'! Visit the Info-Newt news Web Site and FTP
`( Info-Newt software archive for Newton PDAs: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ and ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = FAQ for the Newton Community: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/
              SUPPORT NEWTON! -- INK DIFFERENT