Re: NTLK Free website to provide reading POP3 email?

From: Gary Moody (gmoody@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 18:18:49 EST

Hi Laurent,

Hmmm...I'm not sure I know what you are wanting. Browser enabled mail is
not the same as POP3 email. The former provides a front-end for your email
to read and dispose of it without ever downloading to your machine, whereas
the latter engages the server to download your email to your machine for
reading. I *thought* that most of the email clients (EnRoute, SimpleMail,
and Eudora) have proxy settings to get out past a firewall.

Try http://www.crosswinds.com. I'm setting up a site there (free -
unlimited space - no ads) and they provide both POP3 (incoming) and SMTP
(outgoing) email access as well as a web browser interface for email that
doesn't use frames. Works for me...

Regards,

Gary