Re: NTLK Where to find a compressed Works?

From: Sunder (sunder@anon7b.sunder.net)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 12:18:13 EST

ken wrote:

> Hi all,
> I went to this site:
> http://www.sunder.net/newtonmad/apple/2100cdrom/
> I got the Works packages, all in .pkg format, but I cant install them
onto
> my MP2000. NCU does not recognise them at all.

You'll need to get a bit of software that will let you change the CREATOR
/ File types. I believe they're supposed to be 'PKG ' and 'pkgX' (not
sure about the case, but if you do have another Newton package send it to
whatever software you use to change file types and you can copy it from
there.) If I recall right ResEdit has this feature, but there's better
software to do this from, including some drag and drop... I think it's
called Typer or such...

--
 + ^ +  Sunder              "Only someone completely distrustful of   /|\

****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major U.S. politician has said something nasty about us at some time. Find out why at: http://www.evote.com