Re: NTLK Viewing e-mail directly to ICS txt editor? Batteries low on Memory card?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor@gear.torque.net)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 13:51:59 EST

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Sebastian Kox wrote:

> is there a way to show an e-mail (received with simplemail 3.3)
> directly in ICS text editor? This sure would save much loading time.
> Any suggestions? Or should I use another e-mail client?

Just off the top of my head, this would probably require a change to the
SimpleMail e-mail stationary. Or possibly a hack that would add a
selection to the routing menu in the I/O box directly, so that you could
select a message with the checkbox and then rout it to the ICS text
editor. (Any more experienced developers have anything to say?)

> Now, another thing occurred to me; sometimes when I power on my mp2k,
> there's a message that the battery on my memory card is low, and that
> I should replace it or I will lose data. The card I own is a 4 mb
> flash memory card, I can't notice any brand name on it, neither can I
> find out where to place the battery that should be replaced. Will
> this memory card become unusefull, or is there something I could do?

I believe this was a problem that was fixed by apple in the latest OS
patch level. Are you running 717260? To check, open extras, then tap the
i button and select memory info. The OS version and patch level will be
displayed. If you don't have 717260, you can get it from apple's FTP
site. Somewhere in ftp://ftp.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/

-----Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | victor@torque.net------
---Newton Resources: Ethernet, Newton Cage, NewtonTalk archive, and more!---
--------------- http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~victor/newton/ ---------------

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com