NTLK Factory Calibration Message

From: KTardie@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 15:41:51 EST

I have been lurking on the list for nearly a year, learning so much from the
participants. Thank you for hosting this list and participating in the
dialogue! I love my MP2000 (upgraded) and have been learning new and better
ways to use it from all of you.
My daughter played with my Newton and somehow disabled the password program.
I had to do a brainwipe and restore my information, with quite a bit of
tweaking of various programs. I have resolved most of my issues except a
frustrating message that appears every time I turn on the Newton: "This unit
requires immediate repair. Factory calibration has been lost. It will not
charge batteries until this problem is corrected." I am able to charge the
batteries, however, and my MP works great otherwise. Every time I reboot my
MP I have to enter new pen calibrations.
I have removed the batteries for an extended period, checked handwriting
alignment, and aligned the pen through handwriting in setup. Apple
Technical Assistance could only suggest that I send the unit in for repair,
but the problem is not worth $200 and I have nothing else to fix at this
point. Any suggestions about how I could remove this message?
Kim Tardie

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com