Re: NTLK Re: newtontalk V1 #227

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 03:00:20 EST

On 1/27/2000 12:49 AM, kate [mailto:kate@bored.lexxdog.com] wrote:

>I don't they sit and collect dust in my collection along with my nec 3125
>and gridpad
>
>They are just too heavy and slow to be usefull for anything.
>
>If you spend any time using the backlight, and the display is abysmal
>without it the battery life just drops like a stone.
>
>The Newton is a much superior platform, and the HWR is 1000% better then the
>windows for pen.
>
>As always YMMV

Want an NCR 3125 slate computer running the PenPoint OS for your
collection? ;-) Intel 80386 processor and 20MB hard disk.

I've got one in mine (along with a Original Newton upgraded to an MP 100,
I just got a 130, an upgraded 2000 and the 2100 I use every day, plus
assorted Casio B.O.S.S and Sharp Wizard units....). Right next to my
TRS-80 Model I and Plus-upgraded 128K Mac, both still functional

I'll soon start running tours of "Bill's Computer and PDA Museum" <grin>

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com