Re: NTLK Pocket PC

From: gopi@sloth.org
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 00:20:02 CDT

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Bill Davis wrote:
> They didn't do either one (especially the latter). They bought the
> rights to the ORIGINAL Newton CURSIVE recognizer, that Apple licensed
> from Paragraph, now owned by Vadem.. You know, the one everyone
> lampooned. (Somebody tell Gary Trudeau!) It was called Calligrapher. The
> PocketPC's hwr is a variant of Calligrapher. It's been available for
> PocketPC for years, as I recall.

Oh, god, they paid money for something that was so horrible it inspired
the creation of Graffiti? How amusingly pathetic. Anything that would
inspire the creation of graffiti is worthy of disdain IMHO.

(I don't mean to knock graffiti too much, it's great for tiny PDAs, but
it's just sub-optimal for big screened devices)

gopi.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!