Re: NTLK Commercials and Batteries

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 10:10:55 CDT

Peter Apockotos wrote:

> I would suggest getting the battery from http://www.ebatts.com and
> perform a search for emate and you will find the following for only
> 29.00 with free shipping!
>
> Apple E-Mate 300 NiMH battery.
> This NiMH battery is guaranteed to meet or exceed original
> specifications and to be 100% original equipment compatible.
>
> Warranty: 12 months
> Price: $29.00 each.
> Volts: 4.8
> Amps: 1.3
> Chemistry: NiMH
> Dimensions: 4" x 1.08" x 0.55"
> Notes: Shrink-wrapped battery with 4 wires and 5 pin connector.
>
> At 05:56 PM -0500 04/24/2000, angel316@earthlink.net wrote about NTLK
> Commercials and Batteries:
> >Hello fellow Newtoneers!
> > Hello. I have two questions for anyone that can amswer them.
> >I remember it was a subject not to long ago, but can anyone tell me
> >the address to the site housing the original MessagePad commercials
> >are on? I don't have much room to save emails so I delete them on a
> >regular basis and I deleted that e-mail.
> > Second questions. I know this is a recurring problem for us
> >eMate users. The battery on my eMate 300 will die one day and I want
> >to be prepared. I tried calling NewtonOz but no one picks up. Is
> >this the right number? 818-781-1009? What are some other
> >alternatives? Is there a battery cradle for the eMate such as the
> >one for the MP2x00? I have a battery pack that can be used which
> >holds 8 AA batteries but don't want to rely on that? Also how long
> >is the general life of an eMate battery or an MP2k for that matter.
> > Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Huh? I've just gave it a try, but the search returned 4 products starting with "FutureMate xxx", nothing relating to the eMate. In fact, the only things they seem to have, relating to
the Newtons is an AC adapter at $75 (ouch!) and a car adapter at $79 (ouch ouch!). I'd like to know where you found those infos...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com