Re: NTLK Macworld July 2000 issue

From: Michael Manthey (Michael_Manthey@MagicVillage.de)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 00:00:02 CDT

The Psion is a perfect tool, if you frequently exchange business-data with
your desktop-PC, yet want a small pocketable platform while on the move.
Document-exchange, including complex spreadsheets, with the major
office-suites is spectacular. The keyboard allows for easy input, and
although one is inclined not to believe it: if you cradle the Psion in your
hands, and type with your thumbs only, you are faster than using the pen on
your message-pad. You can use your finger-tips like a mouse-pointer on the
touch-sensitive screen. The screen-content can be zoomed up.
Handwriting-recognition doesn't really fit into this concept and gives you
no additional benefit. That is not to say that the Psion is the better
machine. You may type your email or fax faster on it, but try to put it
away. and you'll see the difference. The Newton still is unsurpassed in
terms of integration and intelligence, so while I use the Psion for
spreadsheets - where our little green friend has its weak side (despite
QuickFigure Pro) -, I do all my email, fax, notes and dates on the Newton
and could not nor would do without it. Best portable fax-machine I've ever
seen. Best electronic book to date. Best electronic jotter. And just about
the right size for my hands and eyes.

Michael

This mail sent by Michael Manthey, Melatengurtel 92, 50823 Cologne/Germany,
+ 49 221 5107445, using EnRoute on Newton MessagePad 2000.
Newton is magic.