NTLK Re: card formatted for an other language? was -> Re: NTLK Transfering files from one card to another?

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael@macmagazin.de)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 13:55:36 CDT

doppler (doppler@mac.com) wrote:

> i just bought a used 16M card for my small companion, but i receive the
> message "this card seems to be formatted for an other language, would you
> like to update it?" when i tap "uppdate", the newt freezes. its not that it
> slows down for a while, the screen freezes.

I get the "this card seems to be formatted for an other language" message
whenever I exchange cards between my MP2100 (German ROM) and my eMate (US
ROM), but updating the card has never been a problem. Try removing the
card, opening the Prefs app, and re-inserting the card. If a slip appears
asking you whether you want to completely erase the card, tap on "Erase".

Michael J. Hussmann
Redaktion macmagazin

Leverkusenstrasse 54 VII
D-22761 Hamburg