NTLK Re: newtontalk V1 #78

From: Tad Crohn (ttcrohn@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 01:46:51 CDT

Has anyone tried doing the memory optimization maneuver with Mobile
Backup? Any problems? How about Action Names. The Demo has a scary
message about backing up before trying the demo. Has anyone had any data
problems with Action Names or the demo? I've been reading with interest
the comments on the Newton accelerator. There was a mention about some
data loss. What data exactly is lost during the transition. Has anyone
installed it themselves? I can't do things like that but I work at a
hospital where the electronics guys seem pretty adept with a soldering
iron. Do you think they could do it saving me the trouble of shipping my
Newton to Germany? Also I want to send my encouragement to those who are
trying to figure out how to use a better keyboard with the Newton. I
will definitely be grateful if this ever gets figured out.

Thanks,

Tad Crohn