NTLK Game: waki, and Linux/un*x based development.

From: Mishka Gorodnitzky (misaka@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 10:47:05 CDT

     Well, here's a game I wrote back in ... um ... 1998. It's
opening message is a bit dated, I wrote it while all the crap was
happening between Apple and the Newton. It's a fun game, based on a
game I've found under a couple of different titles: 'Same Game' and
'Maki Game' iirc. Anyway, I'd appreciate some feedback on how it
works for people, the limited audience I've released it to has
reported problems on older Newtons, and it doesn't rotate properly
with the screen. Pick it up here:

  http://www.deepsky.com/~misaka/waki.pkg

.... as I mentioned, this isn't quite fully polished. I wouldn't mind
doing some more work on it, to polish it up and maybe even work on a
version 2 (I've got some neat ideas ...), but the problem is that I
don't run MSWin anywhere anymore, so I don't have access to NTK. So
here's the second part of my post. What do other people do for
development on non-MSWin and non-MacOS platforms? NTK via WINE? NTK
via a MacOS emulator? I've even heard of writing code and uploading
it to the Newton for compilation/packaging ... but I have _no_ idea
how to do that. Any suggestions?

-- Mishka