Re: NTLK Game: waki, and Linux/un*x based development.

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 11:58:37 CDT

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000, Mishka Gorodnitzky wrote:

> ... as I mentioned, this isn't quite fully polished. I wouldn't mind
> doing some more work on it, to polish it up and maybe even work on a
> version 2 (I've got some neat ideas ...), but the problem is that I
> don't run MSWin anywhere anymore, so I don't have access to NTK. So
> here's the second part of my post. What do other people do for
> development on non-MSWin and non-MacOS platforms? NTK via WINE? NTK
> via a MacOS emulator? I've even heard of writing code and uploading
> it to the Newton for compilation/packaging ... but I have _no_ idea
> how to do that. Any suggestions?

The FAQ has lots of pointers to development options:

http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-development.html#VIIA

Personally, I find that most of the Mac tools (NCU, NTK) run fine with the
Mac emulator Basilisk II. When I get around to it I'm going to package up
my BasiliskII configuration and my 150MB HFS file system-in-a-file and stick
it up somewhere so people can get up and running quickly. The HFS
filesystem would contain all of the Newton-related Apple applications: NCK,
NBU, NCU, NTK, BookMaker.

Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | chuma@chuma.org
Secretary, CASU & CPES College Governments, University of Guelph, Canada
Newton Resources: Ethernet, Mailing List Archive, Newton Cage File Archive,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAQ, Documentation, Books, Projects and fun, too!
                  http://www.chuma.org/newton/